Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Labels

Friday, May 30, 2008

First venture into Banila Co

Banila Co is a cute Korean brand with a rather small but pretty assortment of items.
I think the quality is quite good and the items are affordable.
The first thing I usually try out from a brand I am not familiar with are their eyeshadows, especially palettes if available as I am not so much into singles.
So I purchased some of Banila Co's eyeshadow duos, 2 singles, a lipstick and an eyelid primer to get a good impression of the brand.

-Two Eyes Eyeshadows:
I love all sort of baked products like blushes, highlighters and eyeshadows. Two Eyes Eyeshadows are baked duos with a great texture and shimmer so they just look beautiful when applied.
26 Floral Bouquet:
Spring 2008 color duo. This is a bit harder than the other duos but still has good color pay-off. Also this comes in a pink compact instead of black. Pretty pink/light aqua duo.
22 Midnight Castle: My favorite duo. A very sparkly dark silvery charcoal and a sparkly pink.
08 Fall in NY: Pearly olive green and golden beige. Perfect for fall I guess!
13 Miss Daisy: Sheerest color out of the lot. A light pink and lavender.


-Eyelights Shadows: Single shadows in the same style packaging as Shu Uemura. I have 2 colors #14 Ocean Navy - a very pigmented dark blue and #15 Gray Grace - a light-medium silver gray.


-Kiss Collector Shimmer Stick: A pretty lipstick in bright bubblegum pink but it applies very sheer on my lips so it just gives a gorgeous light soft pink gloss to my lips. The color I have is SPK541. It's a little bit drying though so it's not the most fantastic lipstick out there.


-Eye Love Eye Primer: This has become a daily staple for me. It's a concealer duo formulated specially for the fragile eye area. It has a good concealing strength but it's smooth enough to spread it easily. Both colors work perfectly with my pale complexion which is a surprise since the darker color looks so dark in the pan I was hesitant to try it. A definite repurchase for me!




Price-wise Banila Co is not too expensive. The eyeshadow duos cost about US$8 or so /each. The lipstick and primer are a bit pricier.

2 comments:

www.Cosmetic-Candy.com said...

I have that concealer in the post! Dumb questions - but which shade is for the under eye? The lighter one right? Cos the darker almost looks too dark to put on the under eye or the lid...

I am medium olive toned I hope its ok on me!

Kathi said...

It looks so dark on the pic but it's funny that it applies much lighter on me. I usually use the darker beige shade on my lids and the yellow below my eyes. But even the beige is light enough for the lower lids.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates