Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Labels

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dr. Ci:Labo Aqua-Collagen-Gel Super Sensitive

I am really sorry for my lack of posts these weeks... we´re really busy in our holidays (yes, busy!) because we are seeing family nearly every day so at night I am too lazy/tired to post on the blog. Anyway, I am returning home on Tuesday, at home a plethora of packages is awaiting me (incl. new stuff from the Kate, Lavshuca and MM fall collections...and JS and MQ are on the way as well... so those will be reviewed as soon as I can swatch them, I promise!).. of course some major Etsying included =)


About 3 years or so someone on Makeupalley told me that I have to try Dr. Ci:Labo skincare if my skin is sensitive. I had some samples of the stuff at home but for some reason didn´t try it out as I was happy with my FancL & Olay (that super simple moisture lotion for sensitive skin) skincare regimen..
I am very happy with my Kanebo Freeplus stuff (& Kanebo Kracie Naive for cleansing)... honestly my skin is behaving very well these months.. the last time it got mad was with those Beauty Diary masks...)


Anyway, I found Adambeauty listing Dr. Ci:Labo Aqua-Collagen-Gel Super Sensitive some time ago and thought it wouldn´t hurt picking up a small tub for my upcoming travel as the weather in Egypt usually irritates my skin so an extra boost of moisture wouldn´t hurt.
Adam also has the regular version up for grabs but I picked the Super Sensitive kind.


The Aqua-Collagen-Gel Super Sensitive comes in a light pink tub in either 50g or 120g. On top of the gel the cover also holds a spatula.
Adambeauty charges US$43 for the smaller and US$80 for the larger size so if this is a staple product for you it´s definitely more worth to get the larger one. Amazon.com lists the larger tub for US$59.90 and the smaller one for US$40. Might be more worth checking out!

I picked the smaller tub as I wasn´t sure if I´d like it and 50g is a normal face cream size so I didn´t see why I would pick up the larger tub (yet).


The Aqua-Collagen-Gel Super Sensitive contains:
-ATP Complex (combination of various plant extracts from Japan and China)
-Vitamin P & H
-four types of ceramides

It is recommended for people with sensitive skin as it will strengthen the skin´s natural barrier and give a moisture boost.

The gel is unscented and has a milky white color. The consistency is more like a gel-cream (think Etude House Moistfull Jelly) than a real gel. It has a smooth slippery feel when you touch it.


When I apply this I can feel the moisture right away, it feels so refreshing and nice. When I finish rubbing this into my skin it feels so very soft and smooth but also very lightly sticky (not yucky though) and I feel the moisture stays around all day long. I like to use this on top of my Freeplus Maintenance Care Lotion & Emulsion for that extra kick of mild moisture.

All in all I really like this and find it´s a superior quality skincare product. I still like my Etude House Moistfull Jelly but the Dr. Ci:Labo is all in all not as sticky and feels more moisturizing. You just feel the quality is more advanced.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

hi Kathi, thanks for the review. i was hesitating picking this because of the price.. it sounds like it is gd to try it out afterall, not many products have 120ml version

Anonymous said...

Hello
Can you take a pic of the ingredients list of the moisturiser please?
Thanks

Cherie (包媽) said...

Hi Kathi,

I also using the skincare from Dr. Ci:Labo and I totally love this brand! I used their Auqa-Collagen-gel in super moisture for almost 2 years already and don't have thought to change it!
You should also try out their sun block. I stayed in Philippines for 6 years, I don't really get any darker or spot with it.

=)

Emily said...

wow advanced feeling

thats sounds super great, thanks for your great reviews always

hehe this is helpful!

Shop N' Chomp said...

Their regular aqua collagen moisturizer did not work for me but this super sensitive formula looks really promising. Thanks for the review, Kathi!

acutelife said...

I heard a lot of good stuff about this brand.but never try since the price is abit expensive and I don't have sensitive skin. But this is interesting,I will recommend this to my friend. Thanks for the review!

saintangelius said...

Ah, interesting... How does this match up to Laneige's Water Sleeping pack plus? Or are they to be viewed as two different types of products? I'm in the market for a replacement for my Aquamoist Collagen Cream. I just might check this out during my lunch break after this.

Blovet Beauty said...

Hey Kathi, I think I saw this moisturiser in Japan but I didn't know anything abt it at that time... well I might jus pick it up the next time I travel out... Thks !

saintangelius said...

And yes I did check it out during lunch ^o^ I liked the texture and the feel very much. Pricey tho. The SA said that it is meant as a replacement for your toner+moisturiser+and various serums. Very tempting indeed... Maybe when I finish my order of Beautymaker that's coming in next week. Thank you for this post!

Anonymous said...

ive been using that moisturizer since last novemeber. def a great moisturizer for more mature skin!

when i do use this moisturizer, i add in some of the dr ci labo UV BRIGHT sun screen.

Yumeko said...

thats quite the cult product amongst some in japan and i actually go to their salons for facials once in a while
but..i never gotten round to buying anything from them.
i see they have put out a bbcream of their own, maybe i will try it

thank u for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates