Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Labels

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation in 584

If you see this post on another site than lotuspalace.blogspot.com it has been stolen and used without my permission. I only allow reposts with proper credits for my work (please contact me first!)!

I stumbled across a Shu Uemura store in Langham Place Mall in Hong Kong so I thought to take chance of this and check out if there would be a proper foundation for me as the color codes puzzle me too much to be able to order one online =)

I swatched quite a few foundations with the help of a friendly SA and finally purchased the Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation in the color 584. I believe that 5 = neutral, 8 = very pale and no idea what´s the 4 =P

The foundation comes in a frosted heavy glass bottle and contains 27ml. It´s a cream which spreads like silk without any pilling or blotchiness and offers medium coverage. It feels smooth and dries down to a rather matte finish without any greasy feeling however it doesn´t feel like it´s drying out my skin.
Staying power is good however after about 5 hours or so I need to reapply some concealer around my nose and chin and this bugs me a little.

The foundation is slightly scented but it´s quite subtle and not bothersome.
I didn´t experience any skin irritations at all since wearing this (and I started using it over a month ago).

Color 584 is a pretty perfect match for me as it´s neither too yellow nor too pink/orange and is really a fair tone.

Overall I am really happy with this product as the color match and overall even and smooth result is really great.

I am not sure regarding the retail price but it wasn´t more than around US30 in Hong Kong however I know HK is the cheapest place to get Shu!

Rating 4.5/5

9 comments:

tiffyama said...

Seems like a great product and buy~ :]

Steph said...

ohhh you bring back memories of HK, I was there just in april, miss it! I was hovering over all the cosmetic counters in Langham place too!! lol. Then them egg waffle things just outside, yummy!

tzeyien89.blogspot.com xxx

l y n said...

This happens to be one of the nicest foundation I own too :-) I went to HK the week after you returned and visited Langham Place as well. Awesome mall!

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for this review! I love their concealer so I want to check our their other base makeup. Looks promising! I'm going to check it out at duty-free XD

AskMeWhats said...

I've read wonderful reviews from different bloggers, the only complaint I heard is that the Shu Uemura Face Architect won't work for mature or dry skin! Wonder if its really true :)

Cominica said...

Greaaatttt, Im looking for a foundation, and this shade is poison me >_<
thanks for this review! :D

S said...

Oh, the product itself is just really clean and simple to look at. Love the packaging. Does it come out in a mousse at first?

Light Love said...

so much rave about this product! :) it looks pretty good! <3

eRiN said...

Hey, you've been tagged for an award on my blog :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates