Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Labels

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer 2009: Coffret D'or Color Mixing Eyes in #05 Beige x Black

Finally back to blogging! I missed it so much!
Anyways, Coffret D'or released new eyeshadow palettes for Summer 2009 and I picked up one of them to see how I'd like the new range! =D

The new Color Mixing Eyes palette contains 4 colors, 2 of them being the nuance colors, 1 highlighter and the liner shade (all powders, no creams!).


I believe the 2 nuance colors on top might be baked, they feel/look so and they have this gorgeous soft metallic finish I am used to from baked shadows. However I cannot confirm this, maybe they're just pressed! They're sheerer and a bit rougher than I am used to from Coffret D'or but they have a beautiful finish with a little sparkle (not glitter!) I really love!
The highlighter shade has a super fine shimmer, which gives a soft shine to your skin (a nice contrast to the metallics). The liner shade is very pigmented and nearly matte (some scattered shimmers sprayed on top but the color itself doesn't really shimmer.


I find the staying power of these shadows good, I experienced no creasing/fading throughout the day.

The case this comes in is the same as the other ones (smooth silver with pink rhinestones), I wish they'd come up with another design at some point (just like with T'estimo, where they used to change the look of the palettes with every new release).

I got color #05 Beige x Black which contains a light cream, golden beige, off-white and black.


Retails is over US$35 (might pop up for a bit less on adambeauty.com soon!) so this is a rather pricey palette. I think it's a nice basic palette, very wearable and easy to use.


There are 4 other colors, I am still eying the lavender/purple one =)

I got this from ichibankao.com.

14 comments:

Jamilla Camel said...

This palette looks stunning with your eyes!

Laura L said...

the color is beautiful. I love the packaging too!

birkinbagbeauty said...

Gorgeous neutrals...I am interested in this beige one, and the purple too.

Anonymous said...

I don't have any Coffret D'or palettes yet, but this one really appeals to me a lot. The color combination is great! <3

Gianie said...

This looks so gorgeous! I like neutrals that aren't too warm, so this looks really great~Very pretty on your eyes!

Tish said...

Those are the colors I wear almost all the time. Wish I have access to it here in the Philippines.

Anya said...

thanks for the very nice review, kathi!

Shanghainese Dumpling said...

Hi Kathi, I've this eyeshadow, look soo pretty on you :) I really want to buy it!!!!!

Tracy said...

Pretty! The palettes are always serious lemmings...

Catherine said...

Very pretty!! I am looking for a cooler gold and this looks gorgeous!

Zoe said...

Wow, I really love the colors of this pallette, so pretty~ I also love ur blog^^

Zoe said...

Cery pretter colors^^ I really love ur blog~

izumi said...

you have gorgeous eyes :) i suuuuper enjoy your swatches/eotds!

Karen said...

I don't have any Coffret D'or palettes yet, because it is pretty expensive. I like this palette, this one really appeals to me. The color combination looks great on you. Thanks a lot for updating you almost everyday and teaching everyone how each products work/ introducing good products to us. Keep up the good work and thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates