Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Spring 2011: Majolica Majorca Puff de Cheek PK301 & PK303 and Cream Pencil Liner BK999

This year´s spring collection from Majolica Majorca is chocolate-themed so I really love it! While the eyeshadow palettes are definitely too warm for me I was glad to see that after many years there are new cheek colors released!
I also liked the black Cream Pencil Eyeliner so I ordered it along with 2 of the new Puff de Cheek blushes.

The blushes from Majolica Majorca (Customize Cheeks?) were really popular, especially that NARS Orgasm-dupe color though while I liked the blushes they were really very shimmery thus a little hard to wear on a daily basis.

The new Puff de Cheek blushes come in really adorable metal tubs with a cute little soft puff adorned with a ribbon (as a handle). These are pressed blushes and retail for 1365 (~ US$17) for a quite generous 7g (that´s a good amount for a blush actually!). I got 2 colors from eBay, seller alphabeautyuk for less than US$20.

I got the 2 pink (PK) colors, one of them being a limited edition. Both have a silky texture and sheer but buildable pigment and a softly gleaming finish, no glitter or shimmer overkill as before.


The blushes are unscented and last pretty much all day long on me (in the cold un-sweaty weather we have right now).

PK301 is a peach shade with very subtle pink tones. It actually looks less orange on the swatch pics I saw online but it´s one of those face-brightening shades.

PK303 is a brighter pink, on the warmer side in my opinion. This is LE
There are also an orange and a LE highlighter shade (I think pale pink or so) available.

Overall these are excellent little blushes and should be checked out if you like a cute blush in cheerful colors.

Rating 5/5


The Cream Pencil Liner comes in 2 shades, a warm mocha brown and a deep black...since I definitely have no use for a reddish brown eyeliner pencil I picked up the black one as it looked really yummy!

The liner retails for 850 Yen and is shorter than an average pencil. 
I think the all-black pencil with golden writing looks really pretty and the product is really good, too.
I like how creamy the pencil applies, it´s really pleasant to use this as it doesn´t tug on the delicate skin around my eyes.

This is really a deep black eyeliner, once the line is set (about a minute after application) this stays put all day long without smudging, fading or budging. This is one of the best liners to put on the inner rims of my lower lids as the color stays put extremely well there and this is actually the main use I intend for this great pencil.

Best of all this doesn´t make my eyes water and burn like the previous liners from MJ (Jeweling Pencil) and I wore it on my inner rims with my contacts inside and there was neither irritation nor any sort of film or gunk collecting on my contact lenses.

BK999 is a deep black as mentioned above.



Overall a high-quality product and a great basic staple for anyone´s makeup collection. 
Rating 5/5

10 comments:

sugar sugar said...

the blushes are so pretty! :) i love how girly the colors are. :3

Catherine said...

Ooh, thanks for sharing swatches! I ordered PK303 and it should be here soon! I can't wait to wear it now! And I totally want 301 now too hahaha. ^^;;

Cinnabunnie said...

love hte blushes! want want the peachy one is really pretty

Cutie Fishball said...

where did you order the MJ cream pencil liner? I am also looking for eye liners that are less irritating to my eyes and wont smudge~~

- Angie - said...

Less shimmer....?!
GREAT wow...! Gonna get those 2 shades as well the swatch really looks cute!!!

Mallory said...

The blushes are so pretty!! I want some but I should really stayed away from them because recently my purchases have been blushes. LOL!

Jess said...

I want PK 301! Thanks again for the pictures and swatches, Kathi!

joyce said...

which one is limited edition one? love them :)

Anonymous said...

wow they're so adorable :D those blushes remind me of beautymaker's pu pu blushes.

Kai said...

Hi Kathi! so i bought the red/brown liner and used it today. it's soft when swatching on my hands, but on my lids it felt slightly waxier and dragged a bit, particularly when i'm going over my lines again and it dried too quickly. texture wise it made me think of Smashbox's Limitless eyeliners, which also had such a waxy texture once it sets, but i think the MM one is a tad bit creamier when first going on. I'm not a huge fan of the waxiness when it sets, but it really does last super well, and definitely pigmented! i think it'll work great on waterline (too bad i just don't line my waterline at all! x___x )

thanks for the review!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates