As I mentioned several times I feel very attracted by baked powder products like eyeshadows, blushes and powders.
Today I will present you 2 very pretty neutral trios that look quite similar so I will point out the strengths and weaknesses of both items.
The Face Shop Baked Triple Eyeshadow 02
Laneige Snow Radiant Eyes 03:
1. Packaging: Both trios come in pretty sturdy compacts. The Laneige trio is housed in a very pretty laser disc-like case whereas The Face Shop picked a domed white leaf-shaped case for their baked trio. I have to say the Laneige case is a bit prettier but doesn't come with a mirror or applicator while The Face Shop gives us a mirror and sponge-tip applicator.
2. Texture: Laneige's Snow Radiant trio is very silky and very pigmented, all colors have a very fine shimmer finish. The Face Shop Baked Triple Shadow has a rougher texture and the darkest shade is a bit matter than the other 2. On the other hand both of the lighter shades offer the same fine shimmery finish like Laneige.
3. Colors: The color combination in both trios is very similar. Each trio has a dark brown, neutral gold and cream. The Laneige is slightly cooler than the TFS trio. I can pull off both trios very well despite being cool-toned and I am sure both items will look good on warm-toned girls, too!
4. Price: I purchased both products online and paid less for the Laneige trio. TFS items are quite cheap and I am pretty sure the Baked Triple Shadow retails for less than US$15 or so.
5. Conclusion: Both are good neutral shadow picks. Overall the Laneige trio is a bit better as the darkest color is more shimmery and the texture is softer. Therefore The Face Shop offers a mirror and applicator.