Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Monday, June 16, 2008

Inexpensive Beauty Find: Skin Food Choco Eyeline Jam

So many brands seem to come up with gel liners now. You can get them in every price range from very expensive (think Suqqu) to super cheap like Etude House or one of my current favorite brands: Skin Food.

I have several criteria to define a good gel liner (my personal thoughts):
-It has to apply smoothly and not waxy/sticky/goopy
-It has to be well pigmented. I don't want to layer 100000 times
-It has to dry to a budge-proof finish to stay in place all day long

Other good things are:
-Cute packaging =)
-Good color selection
-Cheap price
-Included brush (if it's a good one)


The Skin Food Choco Eyeline Jam gel liners fulfill most of my criteria.

They're quite soft and apply really smoothly and evenly. They're really pigmented, especially the dark colors.
The line doesn't smudge at all and the little glass jars are really pretty. There are 5 colors to choose from which is a decent variety.
There is no brush included but for a cheap retail price of 6000 Won (about US$6) that's fine.

All in all those liners are really good. They easily compare to more expensive brands like Kate or Maquillage.

I paid about US$10/each for my liners and they're really worth it.

I have 3 colors:
#1 Deep Black: Matte intense black


#2 Deep Mocha: Very dark neutral brown


#4 Satin Green: A shimmery medium neutral green.



There are also a orange-brown and a warm violet shade available.

5 comments:

Taryn said...

These look pretty, especially the green one. I just tried out my first SkinFood product, the Peach Sake Pore Minimizing Base, and am in love with it. It smells so delicious. The ebay seller you recommended also included a nice little bag of extras, including the Black Raspberry eye cream (another good one!).

Anyway, to get to the point of my comment, I see you mentioned SUQQU. Have you ever tried their clear powder? I've heard a lot of raves about it but have never talked to anyone who actually used it and am really curious as to how it is.

Keep up the great blogging!

Kathi said...

The only Suqqu items I tried so far are 3 of their eyeshadow palettes and a nail polish.
Sorry that I can't be of more help =)
Kathi

Genevieve said...

Hi,

I really love your blog. Is so exciting; with all the make up stuff. Let me share one website with you. I bet you gonna love it.

www.cozycot.com

Kathi said...

Hi,
I am already a cozycot member for 3 years or so? =)
Cheers,
Kathi

plue said...

hi Kathi,

i went to look at Skinfood's gel liner after reading your post, and the shimmery green, dark violet and shimmery orange brown are pretty! but was wondering, comparing this with Kate's, which would you recommend?

cheers,
plue

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates