Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Friday, December 26, 2008

Xmas 2008: Laneige The Snow Eye Palette #1 and Shimmer Brighter

Today I'll review the last bunch of Xmas stuff.
Poo, I'm done with Xmas, I am so ready for Spring makeup! (and already indulged in some!)


Anyways, the Laneige stuff was the last I got as I waited for Etude House to list their new Smile collection on Gmarket before I ordered the Laneige. (To my shock I discovered that now there is no Etude House shop on Gmarket anymore! I hope they'll relist soon!)

I ordered the face highlighter called "The Snow Shimmer Brighter" and the "The Snow Eye Palette" in #1 as #2 (pink/wine) looked totally unflattering for me.

First off, the compacts are adorable! They're made of a matte black plastic adorned with black velvet snowflakes. Very pretty!
The compacts are a bit bulkier as the blush brush/eyeshadow applicators are below the actual powders in a small compartment.

-The Snow Eye Palette #1:


Honestly this is such a disappointment! The colors are just really ugly and don't work well together. The texture is horribly crumbly and rough in the 2 lighter shades and the darkest shade is very sheer and requires quite some layering.
This contains a dark navy (I hate these kind of blues, they look like s*it on me), a yellow gold and white.


Judging from the pics I thought the darkest shade is a dark gray =(
The snowflake arrangement of the shadows is so cute but inconvenient in my opinion.


I paid about US$21 for this on Gmarket (27300 Won). It's not worth it in my opinion.
Last year's Laneige Xmas palette was a hit though! 9 beautiful metallic/shimmery colors to play with!
Here are pics (click here and here)

-The Snow Shimmer Brighter:


This item is way better and prettier than the Eye Palette. The Shimmer Brighter features pastel colored snowflakes on a white background. All colors blend to a beautiful soft glowy sheer white highlighter.


The texture is soft and silky and there is no crumbling.


The shimmer pieces are very small so you will not get a disco-ball effect.
I paid 30300 Won (about US$23)

7 comments:

y m said...

The palettes look so beautiful. =]

Anonymous said...

The shimmer brighter is one of the prettiest things I've ever seen! I'm glad you find it decent quality. I might purchase it too.

Cheryl said...

haha i got the snow eye palette in 02.. for 02 the colours are quite lovely :O the pink is a cool pink colour (not the warm kind) and the base is a white gold color.

i tried the gold and blue version on my hands and gave it a pass because they really look like shit..

melanie said...

Good to know you like the HL. i just ordered it so im excited that it is nice! :)

Anonymous said...

finally something from Laneige caught my attention. These are a bit YSL like for some reason but less pigmented and more shimmery. I will have to check them out in person. Thanks

miss_waterlily said...

I realised that etudehouse is no longer on gmarket just a minute ago and im soooo shocked i tell u!!I was waiting after the hols to order a bunch of their gorgeous goodies,now im sad:-(

Naomi said...

hello. i'm new to this blog. I'm a korean and I'm surprised and happy to see there's someone who specifically collect korean cosmetics. wow. You probably know more abt korean cosmetics than any korean gals. lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates