Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Xmas 2008: Majolica Majorca Majolook Illuminator palettes in BR788 & BR799

I am nearly done with my Xmas reviews (just waiting for the Laneige stuff from Gmarket...Xmas post is getting slow finally).
Today it's time to review the Majolica Majorca palettes I received a few days ago from my friend Iris.


I wasn't really impressed with MM's Xmas collection 2008 as I have no use for glitter powder or brown mascara but the Majolooks looked nice enough to add them to my collection.

I have to say I don't really understand why they released the older style Majolook Illuminator palettes instead of the newer Trick On Eyes. I pretty much prefer the Trick On Eyes as it consists of 4 powder shades (whereas the older palettes have that stupid cream shade) and has a smoother texture than the Illuminator palettes.


Anyways, I think the new Xmas palettes are quite nice, they have a smooth rather pigmented texture and pretty shimmery finish. I consider these to be trios as I find the cream base shade rather useless.


They come in the same cute little Majolook compacts like the other palettes.

There are 2 colors for Xmas:

BR788:


This is a warmer brown palette consisting of light gold, warm medium golden brown and a bit darker golden brown.


The palette is a bit on the warmer side so it's harder for me to pull this off. But if I use the light gold on my lids and the darker browns to shade my crease and eye socket the result is very pretty!

BR799:


Naturally this is my fave palette as it offers cool colors. The colors are a light champagne, metallic taupe and dark neutral brown. I really love this palette as it is very flattering for my coloring.


If you want this palette then be sure to enter my Birthday Giveaway!

The Majolooks retail for 1470 Yen. Adambeauty lists them for US$17 incl. shipping (+US$2 registered fee/package no matter how much you order)

4 comments:

Usagi Chan said...

I think the second palette will look gorgeous with your beautiful light brown eyes :)

Anonymous said...

My sister got the first palette with the warm brown colors for me from Taiwan. I haven't played with it yet since they don't feel very winter-y or Christmas-y to me.

Anyhow, I'm new to your blog and I love what I'm reading so far. Where do you get your Japanese brand makeup, aside from Adam Beauty?

Kathi said...

Thanks, Thepunkcat *blushes* =D

Hi Gloria,
I posted about where to buy Japanese & Korean makeup. I tagged it so just check the labels, it's quite at the bottom (Label: "Where to buy Japanese & Korean makeup")

Anonymous said...

I got the cool palette myself - it is nice enough but from the way it looked on Ichibankao, I expected it to be more plum-toned.

I'm also new to the blog although I've often read your great reviews on MUA. They've inspired me to make a few purchases.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates