Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Monday, February 22, 2010

Kefir Whips Kefir Cream in Rose and Soap

I picked up these 2 cute glass jars of body lotion from Sasa recently as they looked irresitible. Even though they were pricey for over US$13/each I just gave in.

The Kefir Whips Kefir Creams are Japanese products but I couldn´t locate a brand name so I suppose Kefir Whips might be the brand? I don´t know anyway =P


I used to drink Kefir when I was a kid and still get one from time to time. It´s made of milk and supposed to be very healthy. You can read about Kefir here.
The Kefir Whips contain kefir and organic Caucasian herbs (written "harbs" on the label).
The jars are cute as they are reminiscent of yogurt jars. There are only 90g in one jar so it won´t last you long.


I have to say I am greatly disappointed with these. First off the texture is too lightweight. It´s more like a cream-gel (which could be a good thing) but rather sticky and not really moisturizing. But I could get over this if the scent of both creams wasn´t so horrible.

The cream in the pink pot (rose) smells super cloying with a heavy powdery rose scent with some sour tinge. Ugh! And the blue jar (soap) smells very much like a super strong musk scent which gives me a headache if I even just open the jar.


Even though I am usually using up my body care I just can´t bring myself to use those stinky creams. I just can´t stand the smell at all!
Really a pity!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Ahh, don't you hate it when cute packaging sucks you in but the product fails horribly...Thanks for the heads up ^^

Jiniya said...

Aww, that's disappointing to hear! I agree, the jars are SO CUTE, and I was hoping the product would be good too! Such a shame it's not. :(

Cheap Cosmetics said...

After reading your opinion,I also want to take it.Is it suitable for both oily and dry skin?Myself is oily.So I feel somehow hesitated,but let's see what happen!!!

Anonymous said...

wow thanks for the review. I was going to buy this yesterday because it looks so cute .. and for $13 i would've expected a better product. i am so glad i didn't purchase it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates