Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Etude House Dear Darling (Orgel Light) lipsticks & Glosses

The review for my Etude House Dear Darling Ultra Shine Lips Lipsticks and glosses is about 3 months overdue =O I received them back in mid June and somehow these slipped from my "to review" list until now.

I already reviewed 2 Dear Darling Ultra Shine Lips from the Etude House Peach collection but the line is more extensive and includes a total of 14 lipsticks. 10 are from the Orgel Light collection and 4 from the Peach Collection.

-Dear Darling Ultra Shine Lips (Orgel Light):


The lipsticks come in cute pink plastic tubes that look pretty but a bit cheap, too. They're fragranced (some sort of fruity berry bubblegum-y scent perhaps?) and flavored (sweet) but in a pleasant way.
The texture is smooth but not super moisturizing and the glitter feels a bit scratchy. The pigment is sheer-medium and these work best layered over a lip balm or base.
All in all the quality is rather mediocre and the color choice doesn't 100% appeal to me (Japanese brands still do the best most wearable lip colors!)

I chose 3 colors:


#01: A bright bubblegum pink with shimmer. This color is a bit too warm for my taste.
#09: Nude beige without shimmer. This one is quite pretty
#10: This color is one of those colors that look scary in the tube and very pretty on the lips. This is a sheer wine red with shimmer. This looks best applied in a light layer over a lip balm for that berry-stained look.
Retail 8000 Won/each (about US$7 at current exchange rate)

-Dear Darling Gloss:


The glosses come in pretty tubes with doe-foot applicators. The texture is not sticky but rather slick and comfortable to wear. They have the same scent like the Dear Darling Ultra Shine Lips but don't have the same sweet taste.
The wearability of these is average like most light glosses. The glitter in the colors I picked is a bit scratchy (but not as much as in the lipsticks).
The 2 colors I have are sheer, one color more than the other.
#12: Light pink with shimmer. Applies completely clear on my lips
#14: Medium berry pink. This has some pigment to give me pretty pink lips.

All in all these aren't outstanding either. But they're super cheap (only 5000 Won) so if you see a color you like (15 to choose from) they're worth picking up.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates