Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Friday, September 5, 2008

First venture into Rita Rove W So Lightsome range

I can never resist a baked blush in a cute compact! I'm like hypnotized when I spot such thing and find it miraculously added to my cart.

So somehow I got my hands on 2 items from a totally new brand to me called Rita Rove W.


The So Lightsome Marble Blusher comes in a heavy silver-colored plastic compact with a purple crystal all over the cover. It's really a very pretty compact! Unfortunately my blush pan is loose but this happened several times with baked powder products as their terracotta bottom doesn't stick too well to the plastic.
The blush comes with a slightly domed wide brush like almost all baked blushes do.
The blusher has sheer-medium pigment and a silky texture with a metallic finish.


The color I picked #3 is a peachy gold that's more suitable as a highlighter than a blush. I regret a bit not picking #1 (pink) instead but it's a pretty product nonetheless.


The other item I got was free with the blusher. It's their So Lightsome Pen Eyeliner. It's basically a felt-pen with a quite stiff wide tip. While my HG Eyeliner is a felt-pen type product (Kate Supersharp) the So Lightsome liner is nothing like it. It's stiff thus makes it very hard to draw a precise line. While Kate gives me a perfect very fine line the W liner has the tendency to creep in any micro lines emphasizing them more than I like.
I can use the W liner when I do dark eyeshadow but with light shadows it's a pure desaster.
I had the same experience with Kate Quick Eyeliner so I think either I am a klutz or the wider felt-pen liners just don't work with my skin-texture, application technique, whatever.


I paid 19200 Won for both products which is not that much.
The seller on Gmarket (
스킨천사) also has a special promotion going on. You'll get a bunch of sheet masks and makeup remover wipes with the purchase of the So Lightsome cosmetics.
I got a package of cotton pads, makeup remover wipes, sample sachets of Rita Rove makeup base and foundation (the darkest color #21 is way too yellow and dark for me), some hair clasps and a nice sheet mask from Purederm (already tried it and it's quite nice).

1 comments:

Shan said...

this sounds odd but I actually like the kate quick liner, just that it smudges and bleeds =( so may I know what other brands have you tried that have the same type of brush as the kate quick liner? ^^ thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates