Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Friday, September 5, 2008

First venture into Oriks... I am disappointed!

I never heard of Oriks before but found a rather affordable kit on Gmarket for 39800 Won (about US$36 or so) containing:


-Oriental Herb BB Cream (1 + 1 free)
-Oriental Herb Foaming Cleanser

-Oriental Herb Silky Pact

-Oriental Herb Silky Face Powder



Everything is full-sized and comes in cute purple boxes with a flower print.

-Oriental Herb BB Cream 50ml:


Comes in a purple squeeze tube with turquoise cover. Very basic and simple. I'd have preferred a pump dispenser or something.
This is a pretty pale BB Cream very suitable for my skin-tone. However it's a bit darkening after 10 mins or so turning my face a bit orange. What a pity as the texture (rather lightweight) and fine herbal smell are very pleasant. The coverage is rather sheer so an extra foundation/concealer is needed.

-Oriental Herb Foaming Cleanser 100ml:


Comes in a white squeeze tube with purple cover. It creates a very dense foam and cleanses very well, it can be a bit too harsh for my skin though. I think this would be suitable for slightly oilier skin-types.

-Oriental Herb Silky Pact 12g:


I can't comment much on the texture of this as I only lightly wiped it to determine whether the color would work or not. As I expected it's way too yellow and dark for me :(


Comes in a pretty purple compact with the signature flower print.

-Oriental Herb Silky Face Powder 20g:


Translucent loose powder with very sheer coverage. This can work as a finishing powder but I am not much into loose powders and the finish is slightly cakey.


All in all it's very mediocre stuff judging the 5 products I tried. Someone slightly more tan might enjoy some of the items more but still the sheerness of the BB Cream and cakey finish of the powder won't convince really.
I don't think I will be purchasing their items again.

I don't know much about Oriks.. Please let me know any further infos in the comments section.

1 comments:

miss_waterlily said...

Hi kathi!

I been following ur blog all along n cant believe i missed this post! Anyway Oriks is pretty big in Asia, especially taiwan i think, I am curious to try the brand but cannot locate it gmarket, do u happen to know the search word or anything?

much love
kelly

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates