Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First venture into Mamonde

I had never heard of the brand Mamonde before I got a small skincare sample kit a few months ago from an eBay seller as an extra.
I didn't really try it (yet) but I was interested to try one of their powders as they come in the very pale color #17 most Korean brands don't carry.


So I ended up ordering the Brightening Powder Pact 10HR and their Natural Cover Lotion which is more or less a BB Cream.
Mamonde only carries a very limited selection of point makeup (eyebrow pencil, mascara and eyeliner...as far as I know that's all they have) but they have a selection of several powder pacts and bases.

-Brightening Powder Pact 10HR:


As I said above I was mainly interested in trying this because it comes in a very light color suitable for me. Also the light pink compact looked quite pretty and feminine so I decided to order it.
To my surprise it came packaged together with a 5ml sample tube of their Brightening Fitting Base 10HR SPF22 PA++ and a package of 50 blotting papers.


The powder has a light texture with sheer-medium coverage. It evens my skin out really nicely but has a slightly powdery finish. A spritz of makeup setting spray easily takes care of that though.
What I don't really like is the fine glitter throughout the powder as it can look too shimmery in bright sunlight.
The powder stayed on quite well today, I wore it for about 6 hours and there was no sign of caking, fading or oxidization.


Also this is quite strongly fragranced but I really got used to that as most Korean makeup products are scented (whereas the Japanese more likely leave perfumes out of their products).
I think it's a nice powder with a very good color match for me.
I paid 16000 Won (about US$15) for my 3-piece kit so it's not super cheap but not expensive either.


The Brightening Fitting Base 10HR SPF22 PA++ that comes with this is a thick cream in a green color so it does a good job covering the natural redness in my cheeks a bit. It makes my skin smooth and preps it perfectly for the Natural Cover Lotion and Brightening Powder Pact 10HR.


I haven't used the blotting papers yet.

-Natural Cover Lotion:


This is a typical BB Cream even though the tube doesn't say anything about being a BB cream at all.
It has a rather thick consistency and provides sheer-medium coverage. Together with a bit of concealer and the powder pact it gives me an almost flawless finish.
The Natural Cover Lotion comes in 2 colors of which I chose the lighter one (#1). It's lightly scented but that doesn't bother me really.
I paid about 16000 Won for this so it's not the cheapest BB Cream out there.
I believe my tube contains 50ml but I didn't check it now =O

All in all Mamonde won't make it on my top 5 list but the products offer good quality and pretty and simple packaging.
I don't really love the items though like I love most of my Cathy Cat, Etude House, Jadilla J and Castledew =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

everything looks so lovely, and I hope it works out to your skin-tone! I'm surprised (& delighted on your behalf - plus selfishly on voyeuristic mine) at the amount of extras they packed along :)
you may have just tempted me to sign-up for gMarket...! although I may be heading to S Korea in a month regardless...
Mamonde is a spin-off division of Amore, I believe. I remember seeing "Amore Mamonde"-branded sample flasks of 'lotion' or 'essence' in the SoCal Korean beauty shops during my childhood. I don't recall their carrying anything besides skincare back then (with a lovely fresh scent particular to most all Korean skincares of the time). Amore seems to control quite a demographic of makeup/cosmetics - I am seeing Amore Pacific skincare sold at the USD $400+ range in dept stores such as Neiman Marcus in the States.

anyway: above all I want to say thank you for your fantastic, informative blog -- post more FOTDs with your pretty findings sometime! :) xx

Pink Sith said...

Hi Kathi: Just curious. Where did you purchase this brand?

Kathi said...

I bought the stuff from seller cosmatic93 on Gmarket. item #131513569

Cathy said...

hello. I really love the mamonde brand ever since a friend introduced me to it, but I don't know where i can buy it again. I checked Gmarket, but it's all in Korean. Do you know how I can buy it in the US? Thanks

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates