Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Shiseido Aqualabel Moist Liquid Foundation SPF 20 PA++

I needed a new foundation like a hole in my head but for some reason or another the Shiseido Aqualabel Moist Liquid Foundation SPF20 PA++ appealed to me so I decided to try this out - especially since I am totally new to Aqualabel so this is the first product I tried out from their range.


The foundation comes in a small 25g cherry red squeeze tube. I think this is a good size for traveling (and it will not take too much space in your 1l Ziploc bag if you need to take foundation in your hand baggage).

The Aqualabel Moist range (red packaging...there are also a blue whitening, a turquoise acne-care and a purple anti-aging line available) contains the "Aqua Synergy" complex which is good to soften old keratin so that the good moisturizing ingredients (hyaluronic acid, trehalose, rose extract and collagen) can nourish your skin from deep within.
The "Lift Synergy" formula is good to cover pores, fine lines and uneveness (according to the seller I purchased this from, alphabeautyuk on eBay)


The foundation has a very pleasant lightweight moist texture. It dries to a soft smooth, almost powdery finish with medium coverage.
Applied with my MAC 187 brush (just started using this 3 weeks or so ago?) the finish is nearly flawless.
The staying power is good though I noticed a bit of caking around my nose after some hours of wear.


Which brings up the only negative of the foundation: The color choices.
I am usually a 00 (yep, I am Bond, James Bond), most of the time OC-00 is the best match. The OC range is usually the most neutral one but still with noticable yellow tones.
Since there is no 00 shade in the Aqualabel range I settled on PO10 which was described as "Fair pink ivory" which sounded like it should be a great match for me (the swatch was also super pale).

Actually the color looks good when on, it's only very slightly dark and a little bit orangey if I apply too much but can be adjusted with a lighter face powder. It looks more orange/dark on the swatch but when blended it looks quite fine. However, if they did a PO-00 shade it would probably be perfect as the pinky tones of the PO shade work well with my naturally rosy skin.
And after all a foundation that doesn't match is not of use =X


All in all the foundation feels really comfortable to wear, doesn't irritate my skin and is moisturizing. The color is not perfect which is a shame as it's such a nice product!

The Aqualabel Moist Liquid Foundation cost me US$17.95 from eBay which is a fair price. However the tube is small =)
It's lightly fragranced but it's just a really faint perfume you can smell.

This comes in quite a lot of colors for light-medium skin-tones (from OC-10 to 30 and some BO and PO shades I believe), I might give a try to OC-10 but it would be just great if they came up with a 00 shade.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates