Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Spring 2009: Kose Visee Blackish Forming Eyes in B-3

I love dark gray/smokey eyeshadow palettes. For some reason darker eye colors look good on me (better than very light ones). I love the definition and dramatic look they can give.


Those kind of palettes aren't really that "spring" though so I was astonished to see that Visee dedicated a whole eye palette line to the color black.


The Blackish Forming Eyes are a new style of palettes containing a deep black and 3 color shadows.
I actually wanted more of the palettes but got B-3 first from ichibankao to see how I'd like it. Also I wanted to wait to see these listed on Adambeauty before I indulge in more colors (I ordered 2 more now as they're on the site hehe).

The Blackish Forming Eyes come in pretty glossy black compacts with a snake pattern with a clear window in the middle so you can see the colors through.


The texture is really good! These shadows are rather silky and well pigmented with very little powder fall-out. The shimmer is gorgeous but not extremely OTT in my opinion (well, I am used to shimmery shadows and LOVE them!)


The box comes with instructions how to use the shadows. I used them a little differently though.


(EOTD: Dark silver shade on outer 1/3 of my lids and blended into the crease, lighter silver on inner 2/3 of my lids. Black in the outer V and on lower lashline, blended a bit into the crease. Lighter silver on browbone, white right under brows blending out the lighter silver).


The colors are a shimmery off-white, silver gray, darker silver gray (just a little darker than the other shade) and intense matte black with scattered sparkles. In the pan the black looks like the darkest and most intense black I ever found in an eyeshadow. When swatched it's a regular matte off-black (lol).


These retail for 1680 Yen in Japan (about US$19). Adambeauty just listed these at US$20/each.

Iris from Rouge Deluxe listed an interesting article here. Do check it out!

15 comments:

birkinbagbeauty said...

Very gorgeous...I have to check out adambeauty again ;D

paperdollrevenge said...

Very nice! I've seen the pink one (B-4) in a few of the February issues, though I wonder how pink it really is. I also think the blue one (B-5) looks gorgeous, and the gold (B-2) looks nice too. I can't wait to see the other two you got!

fuzkittie said...

Really nice palette! You did an really good job making it look amazing on the eyes! :D Wondering if you use brushes or just the applicators that comes with palettes to do your eye makeup?

Kathi said...

I ordered b2 and b5 =D

I use brushes, the applicators only for my lower lashline =D

Anonymous said...

The Visee palette is gorgeous !
I'm gna check them out now :)

Anonymous said...

this is a very beautiful look on you! i wonder why it's called forming???

can't wait to see you wearing B2 and B5!

Anonymous said...

I am learning to love a good smokey eye, so I think I might end up with a few of these... are they LE do you know?

Anonymous said...

It looks so gorgeous on you! I'm having trouble picking just one palette *sigh*..

And I thought I hoard Adambeauty bad enough (keep refreshing every hour :p) but apparently YOU are faster than me lol.. Thanks for updating us Kathi!!

Kathi said...

Hi Jojoba,
no idea lol! The Japanese usually come up with the weirdest names =P

Asiyakei,
I think these are permanent. I didn't read anywhere that these are limited!

Cavano,
Adam told me they're getting new stuff end of next week/weekend =) I hope to find more Kate and Lavshuca as i want to try a few more items (I ordered as little as possible as I didn't want to spend too much on ichibankao hehe)

makeupmag said...

I just ordered this. It is beautiful... as is your etod! :)

watercoloursky said...

You and Haru @ Rougedeluxe are making me want these! How do you think they compare with the Glam Hunt series?

Anonymous said...

Great EOTD! This looks like the ideal smokey eye palette! :) I want to get it too! hehehe.... Can't wait to see your swatches and EOTDs for the other two palettes!

Jenn said...

I just got the b-4 palette and it's beautiful. Now I don't know if I should get another color or wait and see how I like the lavshuca palettes.

Bijin Blair said...

Hello Kathi,

I love your EOTD! May I know which eyeliner did you use and what is your staple eyeliner? And, do you tightline or line your waterline using gel/cream liners?

Daituf said...

Hi!!!
I used a picture of yours from this post on my blog. IS that ok???
I mentioned that I got it from here of course.
But please let me know if you're not ok with it, and I will remove it ASAP :)

http://iwannaworkforjuddapatow.blogspot.com/
Thanks a lot!
Love your blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates