Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Xmas 2009: HABA Beauty Doll Collection

It´s about time that I finish reviewing my Xmas stuff. I think only this kit from HABA, another Aube Couture palette and the Magie Deco Coffret (which I finally got as I found it for a good price which means a bit below retail online) are missing now.


I never tried anything from HABA but was aware of the brand. It seems to be similar to FancL with mild formulations etc.

The Beauty Doll Collection includes:
-4 Color Cheeks
-Face Powder

-Glossy Liquid Rouge

-Clear Gel Foundation Enriched Type

-cheek brush & pouch



The pouch is made from a fuzzy black fabric with hot pink lining. I quite like it!
The included brush is total crap, very scratchy and just downright cheap.


The star item is definitely the 4 Color Cheeks compact which features 4 cheek colors.
The case somehow looks cheap, reminds me somehow of Kiss or Sana Excel (though I like Kiss!).


The blushes are quite pigmented for a Japanese brand and give a pretty slightly shimmery finish.
The upper 2 squares are cooler pinks whereas the 2 on the bottom are warmer oranges. You can either mix all of them together or apply them separately (the size pretty much allows it). My favorite is the top right shade which is a gorgeous dusty rose color. The light pink highlighter/blusher beside it is very pretty too! I am not too fond of the oranges but mixed with the pinks the work for me.
And that´s about all I really like about the kit!


While I think the color of the Glossy Liquid Rouge is really pretty the texture is just dry and uncomfortable to wear. The gloss comes in a convenient squeeze tube with brush applicator and has a nice dose of pigment and shimmer. It looks really pretty but it just doesn´t feel good in my opinion. Really a shame but when I start biting my lips because the lip color feels dry and gloppy I just don´t care for the gloss!


The Face Powder is alright, comes in a very light translucent shade so will fit most skin-tones. It doesn´t give any coverage, just sets the makeup. I am a bit biased as I generally don´t care much for loose powder so I can´t fully appreciate this product I think!


The Clear Gel Foundation certainly turned out way too dark and yellow so I didn´t even bother trying it out. I wish they´d have put something else, maybe an eyeshadow instead of this!


I don´t remember how much I paid but the retail of this was rather high and it´s not worth the pricetag in my opinion.
I am not sure if I am bothering to try more makeup from HABA. I had no great luck with FANCL makeup either (except for their excellent face base!) and it just has a similar flavor for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first set is beautiful!! Gotta save up and get myself one!!

Unknown said...

I dun fancy HABA cosmetics, their HABA white lady is fantastic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates