Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Spring 2010: Majolica Majorca Lash Bone Black Fiber In & Lash Enamel Glamour Volume On (or how to mess up a perfect mascara!)

Arggggh!! I hate you, Shiseido! Why, oh why, did you decide it was time to f**k up my holy grail mascara? Why did you think it´s way cool to throw in fibers and make a dupe of your Lash Expander when you already have the Lash Expander in your range??


Thanks to Adambeauty I have another 5 tubes of my holy grail Lash Enamel Glamour NEO on the way to me but how long will they last me? A year or so? =(
I am really pissed, angry, annoyed, devastated and seriously mad at Majolica Majorca! But they keep doing that anyway, no matter what I write. My beloved 24hr Powder Fantasia was replaced with the very mediocre Pore Cover thingy, too!


Ok well, the revamped mascara itself is not bad but it´s no way a VOLUMIZING mascara! Also I hate fibers in my mascara unless I am opting especially for a lengthening formula (which I nearly never do so I rarely use my Lash Expander Frame Plus). Ok, the mascara itself is bad indeed =(


I want to add that the new comb sucks, too! Yep, it sucks! The old one is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. So I said it, thank you Shiseido for your wonderful new LENGTHENING mascara!


The older version Lash Enamel Glamour NEO is just perfection for me: it´s volumizing, keeps a curl like no other mascara, is deep black, has a great comb that lets me reach the very roots of my lashes and is quite easy to remove (it is waterproof so I surely need an eyemakeup remover). But the new one? Pffffffft. No volume and fibers (but to be fair it does hold a curl and it doesn´t need a lot of force to remove it) =(


So if you like a lengthening mascara you might like this mascara in fact. But for me =( =( =(

Ok, enough whining. On to the base. I always use a mascara base, my faves are from Kate, Coffret D´or and Majolica Majorca.


The new one is "improved" as it contains some black fibers in addition (they seem to love fibers these days!). Well, I don´t mind the fibers in mascara bases though.
I honestly think this is a good base but not much different from the previous version. I can´t really notice the black fibers on my lashes, they still look grayish/whitish when applied. The mascara adds a bit of length and volume and makes a good curl-keeping base.


Nooooo, I am not suffering from some gross hair-growth! These are the fibers in the base =P


All in all I am still in shock about the new mascara and might have to see a therapist soon =X


I got the mascara and base from Ichibankao who offered a perfect fast service as always!

9 comments:

. : * justine * : . said...

I hated the Lash Expander Frame Plus which I bought after seeing loads of blogger-raves about it, but I hate fibre-y mascaras, it clumped, and it was SO hard to take off. Icky. After 2 weeks I gave up and tossed it.

Are they discontinuing your HG??? That really sucks. I am always afraid that I will love something that is LE or discontinued so I used to be 'careful' with my makeup but after reorganizing it I realise I have so much that at some point I will probably find a dupe for most of my HGs... so caution got thrown out the window.

I don't use mascara bases usually (too lazy) but I have samples of Lancome's so I may try! I do have to say though, the black fibres in that Majo Majo one in this post make it look kind of gross... :S

Thanks for the review :)!

Paris B said...

You know what? Despite all the raves for Majolica Majorca mascara I've never tried any :P That aside, I loved this post and I could just feel your pain :D Hope you're doing well Kathi! :D

Rica said...

OMG! MJ is also my HG mascara and oh well.. Let's see if this new formula from MJ works for me! I just hope that this is better than the one that I have.. I love, love, love Majolica Majorca!

Haru said...

Hey Kathi,

Your review made me laugh out loud! I think that is the first time I've seen you curse a product so badly :-) I was considering trying out the new MM mascara but guess now I can safely skip it, especially since I hate fibre-based mascaras.

*Hugs*

plue said...

Jeez, they discon all the old mascaras and replace with this new ones? >_< I hate!

Sigh. I love my Lash Expander Neo but that got replaced with Frame Plus, and now I dun think I got chance to try Enamel Glamour Neo already.

I guess I better stick to Kiss Me mascaras. Works really well!

Anonymous said...

Haha... that was a hilarious post. But I totally can feel with you, how annoying it is when hg's are replaced by something new (but not necessarily improved) instead.

I got some tubes of the Majolica Majorca Lash Expander Frame Plus, after the heavy rave about it, but it didn't work for me at all. :/

So, I better stay with my Shiseido Lasting Lift Mascara (which btw, is not available here in Austria, so I always have to get it from Germany).

Kathi said...

Ahaha, yes I really don´t like the mascara. Actually my lashes looked nice with it on =X but the effort was just too much and the Lash Enamel Glamour was just soooo much better! =D
Good that I am getting 5 backups =P

Shop N' Chomp said...

Gawd, I hate it when companies eff up perfectly good products! =(

Junkie said...

I understand your pain! It's really frustrating, after so much work to find the perfect product!

On a side note, is the HG mascara still available @ adambeauty? You made me want to try it while I still can, but the only one that I can find is Lash Enamel Glamour, is this the Neo?

Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates