Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Friday, July 2, 2010

Shu Uemura brush roll & samples

I scored a nice GWP from Shu Uemura recently...no, I didn´t have the chance to go to a counter to actually qualify for any kind of GWP but instead I purchased it on eBay.
I honestly don´t mind paying for a nice GWP as long as the price still makes it a good deal. I like travel sizes and when there are smaller sizes of makeup instead of only skincare it usually works out to be a good deal when I pay a few $ for them (especially for a high-end brand like Shu Uemura!).


Anyway, for around US$13 plus a few bucks for shipping I got a seriously nice set on eBay containing:


-Brush roll (well, I have the cute ones from my darling Yumeko so I don´t really need this boring black pouch but I think it´s good for traveling as I don´t care if it gets dirty etc.)
-Deepsea Water Rose mist (13ml)
-High Performance Cleansing Oil Fresh (20ml)
-Gloss Unlimited WN283S (2.75ml)
-Nail Enamel Supplement Mineral Lilac (5ml)


The Deepsea Water Rose comes in a handy spray bottle and is a perfect treat for on the go. It smells like fresh roses and is nicely refreshing, especially now in this annoyingly hot weather (well, I am complaining about 28 degrees C, haha! I am made for cold weather, I don´t mind when it has below zero degrees but I can´t stand anything over 25! The summer in Egypt will be horror for me weather-wise hehe).


I haven´t tried the cleansing oil as I am going to use it when I travel but from the reviews I read it should be nice...we´ll see!


The 2 goodies that caught my eye were definitely the gloss and nail color.


To be honest I am not so much a fan of the Gloss Unlimited range as the colors tend to be so super sheer but WN283S looked very pretty and with more color so I was happy that this was included in the set.


The texture of this gloss is on the thinner and slick side so I don´t feel it´s sticky at all.


This gloss seems to be slightly fragranced but it´s easily tolerable for me
This specific color carries a good amount of fine shimmer and enough color to show up. It looks like a grayish muddy sort of purple in the tube but applies like a beautiful cool rose on my lips.
Overall I love this gloss as the color and texture are really nice to wear!


The Nail Enamel Supplement Mineral in Lilac is a very pretty pastel purple nail color with a very glossy but creamy finish (as in no glitter and only very fine miniscule shimmer).
This polish dries really fast and with about 3 coats I was able to achieve a very fresh even lilac color. This lasted without chipping for over 4 days and only lost a little of its glossy finish so I am really impressed as no nail color can last without chipping for more than 2 days on me usually (incl. OPI and other popular nail polish brands!). I am sure I will try to score more colors from this range as I love this formula!


I used a base and top coat btw (base from Maquillage and top from Coffret D´or)


Overall I am very happy with this purchase and love the handy travel sizes! I will take them all with me to Egypt =)

10 comments:

BeautyOnTheWay said...

The Shu Uemura brush roll is very nice and I love the lavender nail color!

. said...

Ooh! I'd LOVE to get a GWP like that!! Or buy one off ebay~~ I guess it works too! xD

The nail colour really is gorgeous! It's kind of milky and pretty!

Hope you have fun in Egypt~!!

Haru said...

Hey Kathi,
That's a beautiful set! I especially love the lipgloss, will check my local counter to see if it is part of the permanent range.

mandy said...

That's such a pretty purple nail color ^__^

Have a great time in Egypt!

Stephanie said...

That looks like an amazing set! The nail polish looks beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

So did you do 5 coats of nail stuff total? (Base, 3 coats of color, and top coat?)

Unknown said...

Hi Cathy,

Such a beautiful set. I think you got a great deal with those, the nail polish colors are pretty.

Iam looking forward to the fall collecion aleady.

Now your exams are over, its great to hear you're back to the blogging again and I Hope you have a great trip to Egypt ^.^

*** p.s I tried the mask on the other day and it really brightened up my skin, I wasn't too sure about the smell as I found it too overpowering for my own taste but my skin felt really soft afterwards. Thank you very much and very much appreciated =)

Unknown said...

hi!!

i was wondering which ebay seller you got it off :) i'm gonna go travelling soon and i wanted to get a nice brush roll too :)

great blog, thanks!

Kathi said...

I got it from alphabeautyuk but i think he doesn´t have another one listed right now. he has other brands´GWP items though =)

NukedPlaza.com said...

The nail color beautiful

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates