Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Xmas 2008: Sofina EST Diamond Splash Eyes

When I spotted first pics of EST's Xmas eyeshadow palette Diamond Splash Eyes I was very excited as it looked just like my kind of palette - taupey browns and pink.


As soon as I spotted it on Ichibankao I placed my order and eagerly waited for its arrival.
I have used the palette a few times so it's time to review it to keep you away from buying it =P


I honestly have to say it sucks.
Hands down, it's one of the worst palettes I purchased recently. For the price it costs I expected amazing pigment, a beautiful finish and great colors.
The case is pretty but that's about it. It comes in a brown velvet pouch with a little compartment for the eyeshadow applicator duo.


For the retail price of about US$65 (or more online) you get mediocre sheer shadows in muddy dull colors.
Really I am so annoyed how the pretty shimmery colors transform into such boredom! The name Diamond Splash Eyes really sounded more promising.


The colors are a baby pink, muddy warm brown and dark brown (which shows up as a medium chocolate as it's lacking pigment). All have a little shimmer (the glitter you see on the pic is just sprayed on).

My eyes look tired and weird as the colors are just not for me. I can pull off several warm colors, including some browns if they have a lustrous metallic finish but the EST trio is nothing for me.
I should have used the money towards another palette from Shu (Secret Luscious Rose e.g.)


You might like the palette if you're more into sheerer, warm browns with a lightly shimmery finish. But for the price I'd rather get a brown palette from Lavshuca or Kate and the finish/pigment/quality is much better.

On another note: EST's eyeshadow quads are really nice. I would rather purchase one of these!

I'll upload a swatch pic later.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I am sorry this didnt live up to your shimmery expectations.I could scream when things have a nicer name than the product especially when they are pricey!

Anonymous said...

this reminds me of my YSL Palette Signes D'Orient minus the pattern and shimmers on the top. looks pretty but I take your words on it. pity!

Kathi said...

Yea I am very disappointed. For that price it should be an outstanding pretty palette!

Hi Jojoba,
I thought it looked a bit like YSL, too =D

makeupmag said...

I thought this was very you! It looks stunning in the pan. I'm sorry it didn't live up to expectations. :(

Kathi said...

Yea it's such a pity! It looks so pretty but just doesn't perform right

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about getting this palette but with the current exchange rate I couldn't bear purchasing it! At least I know I didn't miss out on too much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates