Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Monday, October 25, 2010

Candy Doll Lip Stick in Apricot Beige

The super pale lips seem to be quite popular among the smaller (Gyaru?) brands like Candy Doll and Melliesh
I am not quite into the super nude lip look myself but sure for the sake of my blog I have to always try new things. =P


I got this Candy Doll Lip Stick in Apricot Beige in the recent blogger sale from Apopofkawaii and since I really wanted the green Visee Blossom Eyes and the price for the eyeshadow and lipstick was really good I decided to pick the duo up.

I definitely like how the Candy Doll products come packed in their cute striped packaging. 
The tube is made of plastic but since it´s a drugstore brand targetted to younger ladies this is totally fine with me. I think it looks cute anyway!

The lipstick is quite opaque and creamy...the opacity and matte-satin finish made me think that I can´t wear this lipstick the first minute I applied it. Seriously, it looked ghastly on me! Also my lips looked uneven and weird. I decided to not remove it to see if it would melt a bit into my lips even though I felt the strong desire to wipe this stuff off =P. 

And wow, after about 3 minutes the lipstick looked really nice and even with a satin finish. Also the stark orange tone had vanished a bit. The lipstick also set so it felt really nice and creamy but it didn´t cluster up in certain areas of my lips.

This is definitely not the best formula nor the most flattering color for me for sure but to contrast a very dark eye look it´s perfect. 

Apricot Beige is a light beige with orange tones which works surprisingly well for me. The color is not so light as to wash me out completely but not sure about slightly deeper skin-tones.
I am thinking of picking up the pink version as the undertone would probaby work much better with my skin-tone.



A bit of lipgloss can make the super-pale mouth a bit more wearable but I also enjoy the satin finish.

This is unfragranced and retails for 1260 Yen. 

Overall a good lipstick and a nice unusual color for me. 
Rating 3.5/5

Off topic but it´s snowing here today! Yay! The kids were waiting so hard for the first snow! Even though it won´t last for long as the ground is still too warm we´re enjoying the first taste of winter! I know we´ll be fed up once we tasted enough of the snow lol but for now it´s lovely!

8 comments:

Semona said...

Really Nice.

Riya~ said...

the color looks nice on your lips!

♥ Starryxuan said...

I have this in Ramune Pink and was thinking if i should get this. now i can add this to my buying list :)Thanks for the review

Anonymous said...

tuned into a gorgeous peach on your lips!! thanks for sharing :D

Rica said...

Kathi, why does every lip color looks good on you? I'm so jealous... :D

smolderphloof.blogspot.com

would you care to exchange blog links? I'm a new blogger trying to make friends. :D

Big Hug,
Rica

pitchapa said...

i've just bought a candydoll lipstick from you and it smells kind of weird but i'm not sure if it's the normal smell i just want to make sure how your lipstick smells

pitchapa said...

i've just bought a lipstick from you and it smells king of weired but i'm not sure if it's the normal smell i just want to make sure how your lipstick smells

Heli'♥beauties said...

OoOoOo........where did you buy this?? its lovely. i'm always into nude lipsticks!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates