Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Skin Food Salmon Eye Patch

I love using sheet masks, that´s nothing new to most of my readers....but I hardly ever use the patches designed especially for the eye area as...well...probably I am just too lazy lol. I have several boxes of various eye sheet masks but they just sit there unused most of the time.

Since I am approaching my 30th birthday I got more aware of taking good care of the skin around my eyes as I noticed a few fine lines, especially under my eyes. So I whipped out those eye sheet masks and try to use them regularly. Of course I use eye creams daily (a light one from Cosmetex Roland during the day and the Meishoku Sleep Beauty Eye Cream or the Shills Avocado Eye Cream at night).
Anyway, I scored a nice lot of Skin Food goodies in an eBay auction and one of the items was a box of the Salmon Eye Patch.

I like the bulky brown cardboard box, it looks somehow elegant and precious and salmon is a very luxurious food so that fits with the look =)
There are 8 pairs (each pair wrapped individually) of eye masks in the box which is a quite generous amount, most eye masks come in packs of 5 pairs only. 

The eye masks aren´t sheet masks actually since they aren´t made of cloth, they are made of a jelly-like material which is transparent with a slightly peachy (or salmon) tint. Don´t worry, these don´t smell like salmon (I was a bit wary of that actually hehe) but has a rather unobtrusive floral scent. 
Since these masks aren´t made of cloth there is no "essence" but still the jelly makes my undereye area really soft and smooth and reduces fine lines and slight puffiness visibly for a few hours. It´s more of a temporary effect but well, it´s there.

The gel pads stick very well to the eye area and are quite large so they cover a good part. 


Here you can see how many layers of plastic the patches are protected with!

Just apply for 10-15 minutes, then peel off. 
I am not aware of the retail price in Korea, sorry! Normally Skin Food´s prices don´t break the bank there. I know that in other countries (or on eBay) the prices tend to be very inflated though!

Overall good for giving a temporary lift and smoothness to the undereye-area, for deeper hydration I prefer a wet eye patch like the ones from Beautymate or Hisamitsu.


Rating: 3.5/5

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this review! Is this in anyway related to Skinfood's Salmon undereye concealer?

AskMeWhats said...

I am starting to get addicted to sheet masks too! and I am intrigued by this! never seen them at Local Skin Food down here though!

ashura said...

I have been looking at this eye mask for a while now in the local Skin Food shop. It costs a bomb here (Singapore)! Very inflated price. I probably will only buy online or in Korea (that is if i get there haha). Thanks for the review though! Now that I know its not 5/5 I might not feel so strong a need to buy! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates