Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fall 2010: more from Kate (Gel Eyeliners and Dual Blend Eyes GN-1) =)

Adambeauty recently started stocking the Kate fall collection so I hauled a few more goodies.
I think I don´t have to say much about the Dual Blend Eyes as I reviewed them short time ago. Just love the pigmented, smooth and richly pigmented texture! One of the best eyeshadow palette series I discovered recently though not of the subtle kind you might be used to from Japanese brands!
GN-1 is a wonderful fall color, a deep moss green paired with a soft pale spring green.


I also picked up 2 of the new Gel Eyeliners. I believe this is the 2nd revamp Kate did for the Gel Eyeliner since they were released. Now the brush is not included anymore but can be purchased for a few $ extra.
To be honest this isn´t the best range of gel liners now as they feel a bit soft and waxy so the color can look a bit uneven so a couple of layers is needed with a minute to let the first layer set in between. The previous version, of which I picked up the gorgeous deep green and blue shades, was better in my opinion. The liners hold up well and don´t smudge/fade though so the performance is good. 
I got BK-2 which is a deep neutral brown and BK-3, a deep black with multi-colored shimmer bits.

EOTD 1 shows Dual Blend Eyes in GN-1 paired with the Gel Eyeliner in BK-3:
EOTD 2 shows Dual Blend Eyes in BK-2 & Gel Eyeliner in BK-2:
Rating:
Dual Blend Eyes: 5/5
Gel Eyeliner:3/5 

10 comments:

Risa said...

Love how u always review on asian products. I happen to have the kate gel eyeliner in black. Too bad tht it dried up on me after 3 months. The shadows are really pretty.

xx

Rica said...

Oh I just got these Kate Gel Eyeliners last Thursday! I got the blue one though because I am very much curious how would it look like on me.. I haven't try it though because I haven't got out since Thursday. I heard that these Gel Eyeliners from Kate are really good for a drugstore brand.. Is it? Well, gotta find out! :D

Barbie @ eSter said...

i luv Kate too ~~~ yeah .. their gel eye liner is good ... but only able to use half of it ... dry up very soon ... and the brush's shelf life jz same with the gel

Tracy said...

Nice reviews!
Kate gel eyeliner is really popular and I have yet to try the new versions. Gel liner tends to dry up pretty quickly, like a few months even when the pot is still half full.
And both of the EOTD looks so good and wearable, I like the 2nd one better.

Ashchronicles said...

I have to learn how to do EOTD like you..so pretty~! =D

ashura said...

The Kate green eyeshadow reminds me of Maquillage's Duo Glow Eyes GR273 (which I bought after reading your post haha). I must try the Kate gel liner new colors soon!

Dominique -aka- 美華ちゃん said...

I'm sad to hear you don't like the new liners. KATE has been my favorite for the last 3 years, and my current jar hasn't run out yet :(

Unknown said...

Very pretty!! :) I absolutely love the eyeshadow. The gel liners look so good too!! :)

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of ordering that green eye shadow, but now I think the darker shade looks too dark and the lighter too light, so I'll probably order that only in gold. Thanks for the review!

Riya~ said...

very pretty!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates