Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall 2010: Coffret d´Or Beauty C Curve Eyes in 06 Smoky Brown

I quite liked the peach-themed Beauty C Curve Eyes from Coffret d´Or released for summer 2010 and was determined to pick up the taupe one for fall 2010 as soon as I spotted the first pics on Rouge Deluxe.

I was waiting for a while to see if Adambeauty would get the 2 limited fall palettes and picked up the one in 06 Smoky Brown when I finally spotted it.
The other palette is plum/gray but the plum shade looked a bit reddish online however I might pick it up if I see good swatches pop up that show the palette clearly.

Anyway, I described the slim case in my previous review and the texture of this palette is similarly sheer however the shadows feel a good deal rougher and grittier which is something I don´t understand. No idea why they didn´t stick to the normal formula? Anyway, the colors are pigmented enough to show up beautifully and they blend nicely. 

There is a big color to be used as a highlighter around the eye area, a quite glittery light shade, a metallic medium color and a shimmery deep (liner) color.
The medium and deep colors show up best though the medium color needs some layering. The 2 highlighters are very sheer and I dislike the strong glitter in the light color.
 
Overall not the best taupe palette in my opinion but it´s definitely pretty and fall-appropriate.

 
06 Smoky Brown contains a deep brown, medium silver taupe, a white glitter shade and an off-white highlighter. 

Rating: 3/5

2 comments:

Jess said...

I've been debating whether to get this palette or not. I think the shades look really pretty, and I definitely am a taupe color lover!

So, which palette do you consider to be the 'best/prettiest' taupe eyeshadow palette, Kathi?

Ava said...

I really want a coffret. I've read your reviews of them. I wish they were just not so expensive. This one is lovely and so simple!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates