Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Xmas 2010: Paul & Joe Eye & Lip Color Set 002 Allegro

I am quite split about Paul & Joe...on the one hand they have really gorgeous lipsticks, blushes etc. and their limited releases are usually uber-pretty. On the other hand some items like their eyeshadows don´t work for me most of the time as the texture tends to be below the quality I am used to from other Japanese brands.
Getting my quick fix of Paul &Joe is quite easy as I purchase it from Asos (which I did right now after reading this post hehe) and usually receive my package just like 3-4 days later as they are in the UK and I am in Europe, too =)
I purchased both holiday sets, one of the nail colors and the powder case (along with a refill of course) as I love the sweet floral print very much! 
To be honest for GBP30 the sets aren´t a good deal as all you get is a pouch, a small tub of lip color and 5 cards of eyeshadows that look rather sample-sized to me. According to Asos each card is good for about 30 uses but they need to define the exact amount per use to me hehe =P Depends how much I layer etc.

That´s why there are no swatches, I am too stingy for that =P However I am posting an EOTD using 4 of the colors so you might get an impression of the overall color tones.
Everything comes presented in a cute box with floral print and a sheet of music print on the inner side. The collection is called Symphony Collection.


The Lip Color C002 is really cute as it has a rose-shaped pink part and a clear glossy part around it. I haven´t used this one but judging from the other lip color from set 001 it´s a bit hard and dry so I was a bit disappointed with that one. I am not sure about the color 002 but I guess it should have the same texture. Sorry, no swatch as I didn´t want to spoil the pretty rose =X
The Eye Color C002 (from A-E) eyeshadows are surprisingly silky and pigmented and very easy to use. The card is sealed with a sticky clear plastic sheet so you can reseal the shadow after each use. However I am not sure if the stickiness will get less over time. 
All the cards come stored in a cute cardboard case however I wish it was made of plastic...to reuse later on and to keep the case look neat for longer time.
The colors are a light blue, light beige, light plum pink, deep hunter green and dark gray, all with shimmer. I used all colors except for the light blue in my EOTD.

Overall a nice set but not the best value for money and a bit disappointing to find the lip color rather dry and the sample-sized eyeshadows. The pouch is great, though!
Rating: 3/5

4 comments:

~Lisa said...

The packaging certainly looks cute but it good be of better quality--especially for the price ppl are paying for it

http://xmaterialgirlsx.blogspot.com/

♥ Starryxuan said...

The Lip Color is really pretty with the flower :) I think i will be very stingy with the eyeshadows too. it look so little.

Riya~ said...

the lip color looks so cute and nice!

Melody said...

could you please add some pictures with the eyeshadows compared with your hand? Or something like that so I can see what size it is. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates