Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Innisfree Herb Mineral Pact: A cakey mess

The Herb Mineral Pact ended up on my Innisfree shopping list as I am currently into face powders and blushes so this looked like a neat item to try out.


Honestly I should have skipped it. While this comes in the prettiest box (but a very simple white plastic compact) the product itself leaves a lot to be desired.

This is a finely milled baked powder with good coverage (I think it could also be used as a light powder foundation) and a soft lovely scent. Since it's baked it's a domed powder that supposedly consists of smaller powder particles than regular pressed powder thus making the skin look more even.


Applying this evenly is very easy with a big brush or even the included buff. While all this sounds good and the initial look after application is really even and pretty the problem is that it turns cakey after short time making it look dull, blotchy and uneven. I tried it with several BB creams, primers and foundations underneath but the result is always the same, especially around the nose.

I am not someone who generally needs to touch-up face makeup as it stays pretty much put all day long on my normal-dry skin-type. But the Herb Mineral Pact fails completely unfortunately.

This is pretty cheap, retail price is just around US$10. I paid US$17 or so online so it's still a fine deal.

I picked color #1 which is a very light color that would be perfectly suitable for me.


If I find a way to wear this without the cakey look I'll update but for now this is a no-go for me.

2 comments:

Wombat said...

If all else failed, have you tried applying with a slightly damp sponge? sometimes powder foundations are better this way- though if it was meant to be a pressed powder then maybe not =(

Anonymous said...

Where are you buying your Innisfree products? I am looking for Olive Real Cream.

janetblalock@yahoo.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates