Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sonia Rykiel Rayures Rykiel N Striped Eyeshadow: I am NOT impressed


I normally steer clear of Sonia Rykiel makeup. I tried many items and most of them failed. I don't like the eyeshadows, blush, cream liners, jelly eyeshadows and lipglosses (and maybe some more items that don't come to my mind right now).
The items I like are the lipsticks and cream shadow duos but away from those the overall line quality is just mediocre considering the high pricetags.


And yet again I ended up with one of the new Rayures Rykiel N Striped Eyeshadow in 02... I just couldn't resist when I saw it offered for US$19.99 shipped and the color combination looked so pretty.

The striped shadow trio is tiny, just the size of a SR eyeshadow single. The individual stripes are wide enough to pick up the colors easily with a normal brush so you won't suffer like with Kate's Deep Eyes N =X

The shadows are a bit rough and sheer.
The pale yellow and white colors are a bit sparklier and sheer whereas the teal color (it looks more teal when applied than aqua like in the pan) has decent color pay-off and a satiny finish. My problem is that the shadows get dull and fade and the teal color gets messy and turns more green after some time wearing it. I always use a good primer and don't encounter this problem with other shadows so I blame it on the SR trio.


It's not the worst shadow trio and maybe I can make it work better.
I wouldn't have put it in my "I am not impressed"-category if it were a cheap brand but for the price it sells it has to perform well as it's a high-end brand. But again this product is just mediocre!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates