Subscribe via Email!

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

News


If you need my help with Gmarket or otherwise PLEASE EMAIL ME!

lotuspalace@gmail.com


Please note: Sometimes I need some days to reply as I get really a looooooooot of emails daily. If you have a super urgent question please mention that in your email. Thanks!

If you are interested in advdertising on my blog or if you would like to provide me with products to test and review please email me! I am located in Europe.
lotuspalace@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Labels

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Skin79 Super+ Beblesh Balm Golden & Pink version comparison

When I started getting into BB Creams I was pondering whether to get the pink or golden Super+ BB cream from Skin79.

I finally settled on the Gold Label VIP Gold Collection as it seemed to have more great ingredients like gold and caviar extract.

Furthermore I was told that the pink version is dreadfully dark so it wouldn't be suitable for my pale skin-tone.

The VIP Gold Collection is a perfect color match for me so I decided to jump into the cold water and order the pink one, too.

Now I am going to compare both:


Packaging:
Both BB Creams come in a great bulky pump-dispenser bottle which looks really luxurious and prettier than most of the regular squeeze-tubes. So packaging is equally good in both versions
Price:
Regular retail for the
Super+ Beblesh Balm Gold Label is a whopping 53000 Won (about US$55) and 52000 Won for the Super Plus Beblesh Balm Triple Function (Hot Pink collection) as listed on the website. I paid less than US$20/each on ebay so they're not that expensive in my opinion.
It seems that most Skin79 items are actually freaking expensive if you pay their retail price but come in extremely discounted kits or are sold from time to time at 70-80% or so off (like discounted from 50000 Won to 10000 which is a HUGE amount)

Ingredients/benefits:
The golden version contains Adenosine, Arbutin (whitening and anti-wrinkle), UV-A and UV-B sunscreen (SPF25 PA++), Gold and Caviar extracts, Osmopur (various plant extracts), Phyto Complex and some other things good for your skin.
The pink version contains Adenosine, Arbutin, UV-A and UV-B protection (SPF25 PA++), Osmopur (various plant extracts) and Phyto Complex.
Both claim to be whitening, wrinkle-reducing and protecting from the harmful sun rays.
While the ingredients listed on the boxes are very different/in different orders both BB creams feel about the same to me.


Color:
I was really scared the pink version might really be the "dark chocolate" color it was described to me.
In fact both are about the same color and if my eyes are not wonky then the pink one seems to be even slightly lighter.
Both creams are rather neutral-slightly pink toned and pale so they blend into my natural skin color perfectly.

Coverage:
Both offer sheer-medium coverage so major skin troubles won't be covered.

Wear/feel:
To me both feel the same when on.Both are slightly thicker creams that spread evenly without much effort.

All in all they're pretty equal to me. The pink bottle looks cooler but the added caviar and gold extracts make the golden seem more luxurious.
Anyway, either is a good choice in my opinion.

Swatches in artificial/flash light:
Gold collection is on top and pink version on the bottom:

Under bright daylight: (Gold is left, pink is right)


7 comments:

Anne Carly Abad said...

Hi , are both of these BB's oil-free? I'm really new to these BB creams and I don't really know what's good. actually, right now I'm trying Innisfree's oil-free BB mousse (gives a dewy look but I dunno what else it does). I actually wanted the trouble care version but was scared that it wasn't oil-free. I'm really scared of getting breakouts, you see.

AskMeWhats said...

thanks so much! I am contemplating to get one right now and choosing between the gold and pink! you saved me! thanks

Anonymous said...

how dark is your skin tone? because i am trying to find a good bb cream but im slightly tan for an asian, which do you think would be best? Since im oily, im trying to decide between misha #23 and the pink label one
thanks!

F said...

Hi, I am new to your blog and I love it!! You gives great reviews! I brought the hot pink one about a week ago and I loved it for its natural colour on my skin! So, I went ahead and brought the gold one, but now I am worry that it might be darker than my own skin tone. I will just have to cross my fingers and hope it won't be a waste of money!

Cherry Blossoms said...

i am also new to your blog and just love your effort in putting up all the review to share with us! Just order skin79 bb cream, pink version early this week. Can't wait for its arrival~ :D :D

Aerii said...

Thanks so much for this review :)
I was wondering which one to pourchase so I was searching for a comparison between these two Skin79 BB Cream. Keep up the godd work !

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm a new follower. I just love all your bb cream reviews and comparisons. I only have used one bb cream and that's the Hanskin Oil control one, it's rather dark for me. I find your reviews very helpful since I'm one who keeps on contemplating and then gets dizzy on which bb cream to purchase since there are so many. I'm taking down notes on the good bb creams, thanks to you. (●`ヮ´●)೨

http://www.rekawaiisuki.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Shop for Cosmetics, Skin Care and Hair Care products from Japan and Asia Artie Style


Search Lotus Palace (this is the better search engine than the one on top of the page!)

Lotus Palace Sales

About Me

My photo
Love all kinds of scented wax and handmade body care products. =)

Talk to me!

Followers

Beauty Blog List

Recent Visitors

Template by: Free Blog Templates